Monday 12 December 2011

Turntable Bomb...






Some of the turntables I haven't shown you yet. These were included in my presentation as well as most of the other ones you have seen from earlier. There is another two videos that I just cant be bothered showing. One of the lotus with textures (that I have decided to change), and one with all the plants in AO. I rather show the plants when they are textured and rigged, a bit more interesting that way.

The presentation went great by the way. Managed to take home a first (75%) and I am very proud of myself. Normally I am very nervous speaking in front of people, but lately we have had so much training that it is actually starting to feel pretty natural. Yes, I was nervous of course, but as soon as I started talking it slowly disappeared.

I had a few pointers in my feedback that I will definitely take into account. The camera angles are weak in my pre-vis and so is the story line. "Like a mix of a poem and a love story" it was said, and that I have to choose which path to take. I am not great when it comes to sorting out stories so I will need some help on these bits. And hopefully together with my supervisor I can make A's speakers work with the music as well. I didn't say, but I ended up scrapping them after rigging A, when they decided that no constraint, no parenting, and no binding would make them follow my rig as he moved, and after spending nearly a day trying to sort them out I finally gave up. But I was told that I'd be able to get some help on that part.

Anyway, I will have to re-visit quite a few parts of my animation, and bring even more to it. On my list for after Christmas is, obviously the animation, but I am working on some nice mate-painting for the background to bring more depth and to push the mood. I will look in to some tutorials that I got to create growing flowers in maya ( thanks Toby ), and other things to fill out my environment with, since it seems pretty plain at the moment.

But for now I am going to enjoy a long and relaxing Christmas with tuns of gingerbread, glögg and presents. Oh and a haircut!!!

See you after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment