Wednesday 22 February 2012

Tulip Test...

This flower isn't really going to move much, but I found that very boring and decided to look into something I've never tried before. I decided to use dynamic curves and play around with the forces and I have found the effect it gives lovely, but hard to control. I realised after spending hours on rendering that the curves don't animate the same in the real-time view as they do when they are rendered, so I had to playblast my way to this. All in all it came out lovely and the petals or tentacles look almost alive. I plan to use this technique on a few more things to turn my set more alive and interesting. I will add most of it when I've finished animation though so you wont see any of it any time soon. 

I feel that I have learnt an awful lot this year through pushing myself to the look I want for my major project. I am definitely getting closer too the look I have in my mind every day, and I feel a bit more confident in my work as well. So confident that I can actually see myself working with this soon. It feels good. Still so much to learn though. 

1 comment:

  1. Emelie, Thank you for stoping in today and thank you for your comment. Good luck on your major project! This is a creative and fun adventure and I will try to follow you thru your journey. Learning is a fun!

    ReplyDelete