Wednesday 12 October 2011

The Story...

Synthetic Eden

This is a story about a little robot called A. He is born into a world through a mechanical lotus flower that has come from outer space.
He wakes up to a very boring and empty world, but there is a reason to why he’s been sent here. He is to create a new world, a perfect world for him and his love E.
It is a simple story with some eye-catching scenes. We will follow A as he creates this world through a little display on his forehead. He will have a way to communicate his next step through this display and as the symbol for say tree comes up on the display he shines a leaf on to the ground and the tree starts growing.
The scenes will be heavily composited and animated. This is a bit of a challenge for me but also something I love doing. I will use the knowledge I already got along with allot of research on how to make things come alive the way I want them to.
This will be more like a music video than anything else. There will be a few sound effects for the robots to give them more personality.

What I thought here was to combine my biggest passions music and art. I love being creative and without music it is hard for me to be creative. The music track I am using is a dance track made by a boy called Jesse Valentine. His tune really inspired me and I came up with this story to his fantastic music. You can listen to this track here: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/448029
I have edited the music though so the bit that starts around 1:00 have been taken out since I thought it being a bit too fast and up tempo for the actual animation.
I hope to have at least a thumbs reel up by the end of this week if not even the finished lica-reel.

No comments:

Post a Comment